Navalprogetti has been asked by Agip KCO to carry out a theoretical and practical prediction on noise induced by operation activities in North Caspian Sea, in order to determine the eventual impact on the local fauna.
- study of the local fauna hearing characteristics, audiograms and definition of the critical levels of noise-distance combinations
- modeling and simulations of different operating man made activities that may generate underwater noise
- evaluation of all the most significant noise sources for each man made activity
- underwater noise prediction for all the significant man made activities previously agreed with the company
- study for pre-mitigation of underwater noise for human activities